The ChARM laboratory offers 1000 square feet of laboratory space dedicated to providing analytical capabilities in support of the MTU mission. The laboratory provides separation technology and spectrometry and spectroscopy for molecular and elemental species important in both basic and applied research. Sample preparation and analysis by gas/liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy, and analytical microscopy is supported. Learn more about our Rates and Training Requirements.
Selected Instrumentation and Equipment
- Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation
- Ultrahigh Resolution Hybrid Ion Trap Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer (Orbitrap Elite)
- Ambient Pressure Ionization Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer (LCQ Fleet)
- Gas Chromatograph/Ion Trap Mass Spectrometer
- Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometer
- Liquid Chromatography Instrumentation
- Two-Dimensional, Ultra-High-Pressure Liquid Chromatograph (UltiMate 3000)
- Ultra High-Pressure Liquid Chromatograph (Accela)
- Ion Chromatograph/Dual Analysis/Cations, Anions (Dionex 2100 and 1100)
- Capillary Electrophoresis System (Beckman)
- OC/EC analyzer (Sunset ECOC Analyzer)
- HD Video Microscope
- Biovision Laser Spinning Disk Confocal System
Location: Great Lakes Research Center 233 and Chemical Sciences Building 616-618
Contact Dr. Gretz for procedures, policies, general assistance, instruction, and/or instrument maintenance problems. See also the Department of Biological Sciences and the Algal Cell Walls & Extracellular Polymers websites.
Lynn R. Mazzoleni, Associate Professor and Co-Director of ChARM
GLRC 220, ChemSci 402d
Contact Dr. Mazzoleni for procedures, policies, instruction, and instrument maintenance problems associated with the ultrahigh resolution Orbitrap Elite MS or LCMS instruments. See also the Department of Chemistry and the Mazzoleni Research Group websites.
Maryam Khaksari, Research Specialist at ChARM
Contact Dr. Khaksari for procedures, policies, instruction, and instrument maintenance problems associated with the ultrahigh resolution Orbitrap Elite MS, LCQ Fleet Ion Trap MS and LC instruments.